◆ Breast Ultrasound Image Retrieval System
- Decision support system for better differentiation
of malignant and benign lesions
- Provide computer-generated malignancy score
and the retrieved images from biopsy-proved
◆ Low Positive Biopsy Rate
The overall negative-to-positive biopsy ratio was
5:1. From a medical and economic viewpoint, this
an unacceptable high negative-to-positive
- T. Stavros, et al., Solid breast nodules : use of
sonography to distinguish between benign and
malignant lesions, Radiology, vol. 196, no. 1, pp.
123-134, 1995 .
◆ Malignancy Score (0 ~ 100)
- 100 : highly suggestive of malignancy.
- 0 : lowly suggestive of malignancy.
(highly suggestive of benignancy)
◆ Practical use
- Provide breast US image retrieval
data for clinic counseling.
- Provide explanation data about the
relevance of biopsy.
- Provide digital image and patient
managements using breast US
◆ Similar Image Retrieval
- ROI image vs. full size image
- Biopsy-proven DB : about 1,000 cases
- Malignant cases : about 400 .
- Benign cases : about 600
- In situations in which the radiologist and the
computer disagree, this is useful solutions.
- Computer-generated malignant score is
calculated based on the retrieved images.
- User can infer what ' s the basis of computer ' s